Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You Have *Got* to be Kidding Me!

The Cataclysm achievement (soon to be a Feat of Strength) Stood in the Fire has caused the World of the World of Warcraft to sink to an all-time low. I really can't comment at this point, so I'll let everyone speak for themselves. These are all actual quotes from this thread on the official forums. I'm leaving out names, you can go and read them all if you're that interested. They are pulled in chronological order.


So the best bet to getting this would be to just watch the video linked earlier in the thread, try to figure out his path in wetlands, and sit there for hours?


In response to this:

thats what I have been doing for about 4 hours now


These posts appeared on November 25, two days after the patch hit the servers. As the week progressed, so did the madness.

I wasted all of today sitting around wetlands on Malygos and not a sighting


I camped Tanaris on Malorne for over 6 hours and never saw DW =(


9 hours of waiting in the wetlands


And a fun little exchange:

I'm on hour 14...
Shoot me...


when u get to day 4 then call me i'll come shoot u. That's how long it took me.


Allow me to beat the dead horse some more:

Stood in wetlands for about 14 hours yesterday,


Going on 26 hours of camping one spot in the wetlands.


54 hours in the wetlands since the time I missed him by an inch.


i was there for almost 48 hours straight.


Am I the only person in the world who hasn't completely lost his mind?

Moving forward, Blizzard is clearly going to have to be careful with achievements and feats of strength. It's clear to that there's still a large segment of the WoW playberbase that has no self control when it comes to the game. Consider this comment from a player very early in the thread:

Sigh, this achievement is going to be awful. Wish there wasn't an achievement for it.


Folks, just because there's an achievement doesn't mean you have to try to get it.

1 comment:

  1. I guess some ... people ... uh ...Yes, I'm totally confused about it too. Don't get me wrong, I would totally love to get burned to a crisp by Deathwing but spontaneously, y'know. I guess it's part of the strange equilibrium of MMOs - some people really do have lots of time to spend in them, and that seems a bit bewildering to people who don't.

    ReplyDelete